Was a Groupie?- The summer of 2017, my friends and I went to a Dan + Shay, Old Dominion, and Tucker Beathard concert. We got there early and waited in line so we could get front row, and sure enough..we did!
Once we got to the front, the first band was setting up in preparation to perform. I saw one of the band members and jokingly told my friends I thought he was cute and they decided to…TELL HIM. Well, he asks for my phone and puts his number in it and tells me to text him after they are done. So, I did just that. He responded and said that we should meet up (after the other performers) are done in back..(on their tour bus) and my friends and I started FREAKING out, I asked if I could bring a friend and he said of course. So I brought two.
After the shows, he texted me to meet him at the gates and he would get us and he did just that. We got on the bus and drank with them and it was such a fun night, we were sad it was over. We continued to text while they left for more shows and then he invites my friend and I to come to more shows, all over the midwest and somehow we managed to go! We went to small towns in Wisconsin, SummerFest in Milwaukee, and a show in Chicago! All were so much fun and thinking back I wish I took more pictures, we didn’t want to seem like (lame) fangirls so we took NONE. I wanted to post about this as a way to remember this time in life, and have somewhere to go and look back on it. Some key highlights of this time were –
- Driving the band to their show in Chicago, (in my car lmao)
- Ordering a crap ton of McDonalds after the show for them all and the McDonalds worker thinking we were insane.
- Watching them all get matching tattoo, (I chickened out, but very much regret it)
- Getting fans some guitar pics to keep
- Sitting back stage during a show (on the side) and watching the crowd
- Getting to skip every line to get into the events and having people very upset (sorry y’all)
- Playing football outside of the tour buses
- Seeing the other side of concerts and the work that goes into them
- Sitting in the sound stage for a show and going basically deaf
This was probably the most amazing experience in my life and I always think back to it asking how the heck did that happen? I can’t seem to enjoy concerts anymore because of this but I can’t even be mad.
I know this is crazy, but I hope you enjoyed!!